Data Engineering Expert
Sofia, BulgariaData and Technology
Who we are:
Do you want to join a well-established bank with a start-up culture? No, we’re not joking!
We, at tbi, have been one the most profitable banks for years and we are growing at a fast pace. We’re a bank with a long history of success that operates as a start-up and we’re always on the lookout for new opportunities to grow our business. How do we do that?
It's all about our people. Our team is made up of brave, passionate and caring people who don’t just want to follow the same path – we want to transform into mobile-first, state-of-the-art lifestyle ecosystem. Our colleagues love working here – 80% of them would recommend tbi as an employer to their friends and family. Our people are engaged in challenging and meaningful work, inspired to grow their potential and career, encouraged to learn and empowered to take decisions. That’s not corporate babble, it’s what our people say.
Do you want to play a key role in our unique success story?
If so, we're looking for a Data Engineering Expert to join our team on our journey to success!
What You’ll do:
- Design and manage data warehouse & data lake systems (on-premise and cloud)
- Model Data Warehouse, Data Lake, and Big Data systems using UML tools
- Handle data ingestion, transformation, and serving
- Develop data governance and security infrastructure (e.g., data glossary, UML documentation)
- Create algorithms to transform data into actionable insights
- Collect, manage, and convert data into valuable information
- Build and maintain data pipelines, databases, and ETL infrastructure
- Optimize query performance on data warehouse/data lake systems
- Develop data validation processes and analytical tools
- Design, build, test, and maintain data management systems
- Ensure compliance with development standards and business requirements
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field such as Informatics/ Management Information Systems
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience in Data Warehouse/ Data Lake Projects, especially on cloud ecosystems
- Experience with relational databases—Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Comprehensive understanding of modern data architecture and enterprise data management frameworks, concepts, and best practices
- Fluent English skills (both written and spoken)
- Familiarity with version control (e.g., Git) and data glossary/catalog tools (e.g., Informatica, Purview) is a plus
- Experience with management software like Jira, Confluence, and Agile team environments is advantageous
- Knowledge of machine learning principles and data engineering certification are also beneficial
What we offer:
- Seize the opportunity to grow your career
- Engage in exciting and meaningful work
- Get recognition for your work and attitude
- Learn new skills and get management training
- Become part of a large, friendly and supportive team
- Get additional private health insurance
- Receive special prices for multisport card and multiple retailers
- Obtain preferential prices for our banking products
- Enjoy a great location in Sofia’s city centre near NDK and South Park
Visit our Career Page to learn more about what makes us different.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please send us your CV in English.
We'd love to get back to everyone, but due to the number of applications we receive, we can only contact the shortlisted candidates.
All applications are treated with utmost confidentiality.
By submitting your job application to tbi bank, you confirm that you have read the document named “Information related to personal data processing for job applicants” publicly available on tbi Career page.