Applications Solution Architect
Sofia, BulgariaDigitalization and Innovations
Who we are:
tbi bank might not be the biggest on the Bulgarian market but it has been the most profitable and effective one for years (K10, Capital), and probably the coolest one. Our fintech mindset and startup culture set us apart from traditional bankers. Want to wear jeans and bring your pet to work? Sure! We are a dynamic challenger bank operating in Bulgaria, Romania, Germany, Lithuania and now Greece. The best part is that we see this as just the beginning: sky is the limit. Disrupting the status quo is in our DNA and it’s what drives us forward to become a next-generation digital lender with a goal to be legendary! Sounds scary and exciting? Hop on board!
We are looking for an Applications Solution Architect to join our team on the journey to success!
What You’ll do:
- Guide the development of software, application solutions, services, and interfaces based on specifications from various teams
- Collaborate with Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Business Owners to grasp functional, system, and security needs
- Create comprehensive low-level design (LLD) documents to guide work execution
- Develop, document, and monitor best practices and policies for software solutions and automations
Write and verify technical documentation for our software solutions
- Design and deploy software applications/services, keeping performance top of mind
- Identify potential slowdowns in our banking applications and strategize recovery plans for any hiccups
- Foster innovation in Information Technologies, and ensure the architectural quality of our solutions
- Work with existing software applications regarding your responsibilities
- Keep stakeholders updated with progress reports and ensure development stays on track
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience in application architecture design and development of scalable software solutions, with a preference for experience in the financial services industry
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, or .NET
- Deep understanding of API design, ideally in a microservices context, and familiarity with related challenges
- Solid experience with software architecture patterns and principles, such as microservices, RESTful APIs, and cloud-native architectures
- Good understanding of database technologies like SQL, NoSQL, and data warehousing, and practical experience with databases such as MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- At least 3 years' experience in architecting various software systems, services, and interfaces
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and capacity to work under pressure
- Experience in the Fintech or Banking sector is a significant advantage
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Onboarding and other specialized trainings
- Friendly and supporting working environment
- Employee recognition program
- Career development opportunities within the company
- Additional health insurance
- Preferential prices for a multisport card for you and your family
- Preferential terms on our banking products
- Tie up with popular retailers to offer attractive discounts to our employees
Why choose tbi:
- We have the boldness of a start-up and the expertise of a scale-up
- We enjoy a flexible work environment and a great work-life balance
- We are a diverse representation of 16+ nationalities
- We are a pet-friendly company, so you can bring your furry friend to work 😊
Visit our Career Page to learn more about what makes us unique.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please send us your CV in English.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
We're an equal opportunity employer. At tbi, everyone is welcome regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status. We are dedicated to hiring diverse talent and strive to create conditions that give an equal opportunity to everyone to flourish.
All applications are treated with utmost confidentiality.
By submitting your job application to TBI Bank EAD, you confirm that you have read the document named “Information related to personal data processing for job applicants” publicly available on tbi Career page.