About us -
TBI Bank is a next-generation bank whose ambitious goal is to become a digital bank with a wide range of online and mobile solutions for consumer finance and lending to small and medium-sized enterprises. Our successful business model and customer-focus approach allowed us to be one of Bulgaria’s most profitable and efficient banks in the last 4 years (Capital K10). We currently serve customers in Bulgaria, Romania, Germany, Denmark & Poland.
We are now expanding our global footprint and coming to Greece. Do you want to play a key role in our unique success story?
If yes, we are looking for a Chief Accountant to join our Team!
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage the financial, tax and accounting function of TBI Bank EAD’s Branch in Athens, Greece
- Executes control over and organizes the operational activities of the Financial team
- Maintains Branch’s General Ledger & executes control over asset, liability, and capital accounts entries by compiling and analyzing accounts information.
- Performs control over the of month-end/year-end process.
- Provides assistance on accounting and tax issues incl. intra group and cross country - contracts, transactions, deals and processes where the Branch is one of the parties.
- Performs control over prompt tax payment/reporting (CIT, WHT, VAT and all other taxes incl. Branch’s annual tax return).
- Prepares Branch regulatory reports as required by the local regulating bodies, mother company and prepares branch monthly reports for management.
- Provides assistance in system enhancement projects incl. preparation of business requirements assignments for development.
- Responsible for creation, maintenance/update of financial manuals and procedures
- Communicates with external auditors & consultants on all issues, supports preparation of regular/ad-hoc reports and materials upon their request.
- Communicates with tax authorities and other government bodies, responds to the related correspondence, assures researches on accounting/tax issues as they arise
- Ensures compliance with the relevant financial legislative requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Performs analytical functions and provides assistance in all areas of operation as requested by management.
Skills and competencies required:
- Must have: Flexibility, Agility, Passion, Self-motivation, Integrity.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with various departments, counterparties, and other jurisdictions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team incl. take on new tasks with high level of responsibility.
- Excellent research & analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a tight deadline driven environment.
- Fluency in verbal and written English & Greek language.
Work experience and education:
- Education in Accounting/Finance (Degree equivalent).
- 7+ years of progressive experience in Financial function.
- Previous experience in credit/financial institutions, comfort in building processes from zero, proficiency in analyzing transactions incl. cross border is a must.
- Strong knowledge of:
- Statutory accounting laws, procedures & principles (both IFRS and local)
- Tax laws & procedures
- Regulatory requirements (i.e. credit/financial institutions) incl. reporting specifics and rules.
In return, we will give you:
- Opportunity to be a part of growing organization where you can see the difference you made!
- Competitive Salary
- A friendly environment & team of passionate multinational professionals. Don’t be surprised if you talk to 16+ nationalities @ TBI Bank!
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please send us your CV in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Your candidacy shall be treated confidentially in accordance with the GDPR. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
With the voluntary presentation of documents for job application in TBI Bank EAD it is considered that you give your explicit consent your personal data to be kept, processed and used for the purposes of the recruitment of the Bank.