Head of Compliance
About us -
TBI Bank is a next-generation bank whose ambitious goal is to become a digital bank with a wide range of online and mobile solutions for consumer finance and lending to small and medium-sized enterprises. Our successful business model and customer-focus approach allowed us to be one of Bulgaria’s most profitable and efficient banks in the last 4 years (Capital K10). We currently serve customers in Bulgaria, Romania, Germany, Denmark & Poland.
We are now expanding our global footprint and coming to Greece. Do you want to play a key role in our unique success story?
If yes, we are looking for a Head of Compliance/ AML Expert to join our Team!
What you get to do in this role:
- Preparing internal rules and procedures in the area of AML, criteria for control and prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing, incl. customer identification and onboarding, methodologies for risk assessment and determine risk profile of customers and controls of their implementation, etc., as per respective local and EU regulatory framework
- Prepare an annual Compliance plan, Annual report as well as regular reports to Bank`s Management
- Participates in establishing, analyzing and reporting of suspicious customers, deals and transactions; keeping an archive of suspicious operations and or reported by employees suspicious or unusual transactions
- Performing internal research of specific customers, transactions and deals, and draws conclusions regarding the established unusual activity and presence of suspicions
- Responsible for preparing and submitting of reports to National Bank for monitoring and assessment of risks related to money laundering and financing of terrorism
- Participates, implement parametrization of the system for monitoring of risky customers and transactions and further monitoring on the operations
- Regular system monitoring of customer and transactions
- Identify potential risks that may arise from establishment of relationships with customers, merchants, implementing of new products, channels etc.
- Prepares and report to relevant authorities' suspicious operations/clients
- Preparation and coordination of correspondence with the competent authorities in the area of AML and Compliance
- Prepares training plan for each calendar year, participates in preparation of materials and training of staff to enhance their qualification in the implementation of measures to prevent of money laundering and financing of terrorism etc.
- Supports the employees of the business units and bank offices on issues related to the implementation of rules and procedures for prevention of money laundering / terrorism financing, etc.
- Implements measures and monitoring of corrective actions after the findings of the "Internal Audit" department and of the regulatory and supervisory authorities on the prevention of money laundering / terrorism financing, etc.
- Participates in the process of reporting, summarizing and evaluation of the Bank activities in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Participates in the research and analysis of information and documents concerning the opening of corresponding accounts with other banks
- Observe the regulatory requirements and the supervisory requirements of the local regulatory bodies and of the acting internal regulations of the Bank, incl. of the requirements: to observe banking secrecy, etc.
- Keep confidential the sensitive information that is / have become known in connection with the performance of the work. Not providing and distributing information that is known to harm the employer except in the case of an explicit written instruction from the Employer.
Skills and competencies required:
- Must have: Flexibility, Agility, Passion, Self-motivation, Integrity, Business ethics, loyalty
- Excellent communication skills to interact with various departments, counterparties, and other jurisdictions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team incl. take on new tasks with high level of responsibility.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Efficient time management skills;
Work experience and education:
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field
- 2+ years in a similar management position.
- Previous experience in the Banking Sector.
- Fluency in verbal and written English & Greek language.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
In return, we will give you:
- Opportunity to be a part of growing organization where you can see the difference you made!
- Competitive Salary
- A friendly environment & team of passionate multinational professionals. Don’t be surprised if you talk to 16+ nationalities @ TBI Bank!
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please send us your CV in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Your candidacy shall be treated confidentially in accordance with the GDPR. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
With the voluntary presentation of documents for job application in TBI Bank EAD it is considered that you give your explicit consent your personal data to be kept, processed and used for the purposes of the recruitment of the Bank.