Senior Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
Bulgaria, SofiaCompliance Department
Who we are:
TBI Bank might not be the biggest on the Bulgarian market but it has been the most profitable and effective one for years (K10, Capital), and probably the coolest one. Our fintech mindset and startup culture set us apart from traditional bankers. Want to wear jeans and bring your pet to work? Sure! We are a dynamic challenger bank operating in Bulgaria, Romania, Germany, Lithuania and now Greece. The best part is that we see this as just the beginning: sky is the limit. Disrupting the status quo is in our DNA and it’s what drives us forward to become a next-generation digital lender with a goal to be legendary! Sounds scary and exciting? Hop on board!
- Aware of the latest developments in the money laundering segment?
- Highly attentive to details?
- Able to interpret and determine value from complex data?
If the answer is yes… then we have an exciting career opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Senior Anti-Money Laundering Specialist for our Compliance Department to join us in our journey to success!
What You’ll do:
- Analyze the work of the specialized AML Software and be responsible for its improvements and developments
- Coordinate the performance and participate in data analysis of the specialized AML software system and draw conclusions regarding the established unusual activity and presence of suspicions
- Coordinate the performance and participate in analysis and customers evaluations through review of customer files and other documents to establish, analyze and report suspicious customers, deals, and transactions
- Provide official opinion overstepping into relation with foreign individuals or legal entities
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of materials and conduct training of staff to enhance their qualification in the implementation of measures to prevent the use of the Bank for money laundering and financing of terrorism
- Coordinate the performance and support the employees of the business units and bank offices on issues related to the implementation of rules and procedures for the prevention of money laundering/terrorism financing
- Prepare and approve reports to Management and AML Authorities
- Participate in the preparation and update of the internal rules, procedures, and criteria for control and prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing
What you’ll need to succeed:
- At least 2 years of previous experience in a similar position
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is a must
- Business acumen and Internal Consulting skills
- Strong ability to work independently, however, value the advantage of co-creation and collaboration
- Analytical data savvy mindset - ability to influence through facts and data
- Excellent verbal & writing skills in English and Bulgarian
- Proactive and solution-oriented mindset, out-of-the-box thinking
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Employee recognition program
- Career development opportunities within the company
- Additional health insurance
- Preferential prices for a multisport card for you and your family
- Preferential terms on our banking products
- Tie up with popular retailers to offer attractive discounts to our employees
- Great office location in Lozenets, near metro station (still hybrid WFH/office environment)
Why choose TBI:
- We have the boldness of a start-up and the expertise of a scale-up
- We enjoy a flexible work environment and a great work-life balance
- We are a diverse representation of 16+ nationalities
- We are a pet-friendly company, so you can bring your furry friend to work 😊
Visit our Career Page to learn more about what makes us unique.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please send us your CV in English.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
We're an equal opportunity employer. At TBI, everyone is welcome regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status. We are dedicated to hiring diverse talent and strive to create conditions that give an equal opportunity to everyone to flourish.
All applications are treated with utmost confidentiality.
By submitting your job application to TBI Bank EAD, you confirm that you have read the document named “Information related to personal data processing for job applicants” publicly available on TBI Career page.