Senior API Management Engineer
Who we are:
Do you want to join a well-established bank with a start-up culture? No, we’re not joking!
We, at tbi, have been one the most profitable banks for years and we are growing at a fast pace. We’re a bank with a long history of success that operates as a start-up and we’re always on the lookout for new opportunities to grow our business. How do we do that?
It's all about our people. Our team is made up of brave, passionate and caring people who don’t just want to follow the same path – we want to transform into mobile-first, state-of-the-art lifestyle ecosystem. Our colleagues love working here – 80% of them would recommend tbi as an employer to their friends and family. Our people are engaged in challenging and meaningful work, inspired to grow their potential and career, encouraged to learn and empowered to take decisions. That’s not corporate babble, it’s what our people say.
Do you want to play a key role in our unique success story?
If so, we're looking for a Senior API Management Engineer to join our team on the journey to success!
What You’ll do:
- Design and implement RESTful APIs using Azure API Management and other Azure services such as Azure Functions, Logic Apps, etc.
- Apply best practices and standards for API development, documentation, versioning, security, and governance
- Monitor, visualize, troubleshoot and set up automated alerts on the APIs using Azure Application Insights, Log Analytics, Grafana and other tools
- Collaborate with other developers and stakeholders to ensure alignment of APIs with business goals and user expectations
- Research and evaluate new technologies and trends in the API domain and make recommendations for improvements
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of API development and management experience using Azure API Management or similar platforms
- Strong expertise in Azure services, including Azure API Management, Azure Active Directory, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps, and Azure App Service
- Knowledge of Azure networking (vnet, subnet, private endpoint, virtual network gateway, network security group, etc.)
- Deep understanding of API management concepts, including API versioning, API lifecycle management, security, throttling, caching, analytics, and developer portal customization
- Strong knowledge of API security standards such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, JWT, API keys, and SSL/TLS encryption. Experience in implementing secure authentication and authorisation mechanisms in Azure API Management
- Ability to design well-structured, scalable, and developer-friendly APIs. Experience in writing API specifications using OpenAPI (Swagger), RAML, or similar documentation formats
- Familiarity with integrating APIs with backend services, such as Azure services (e.g. Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps), or on-premises systems. Experience in backend service authentication and message transformation
- Knowledge of monitoring tools and techniques to track API performance, usage, and availability, with experience in Azure Monitor, Application Insights, or similar API monitoring and diagnostics tools
- Strong troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve API configuration, integration, performance, or security issues, including familiarity with debugging tools and techniques for Azure API Management
What we offer:
- Seize the opportunity to grow your career
- Engage in exciting and meaningful work
- Get recognition for your work and attitude
- Become part of a large, friendly and supportive team
- Get additional private health insurance
- Receive special prices for multisport card and multiple retailers
- Obtain preferential prices for our banking products
- Enjoy a great location in Sofia’s city centre near NDK and South Park
Visit our Career Page to learn more about what makes us different.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please send us your CV in English.
We'd love to get back to everyone, but due to the number of applications we receive, we can only contact the shortlisted candidates.
All applications are treated with utmost confidentiality.
By submitting your job application to tbi bank, you confirm that you have read the document named “Information related to personal data processing for job applicants” publicly available on tbi Career page.