Senior Expert Tax and Transfer Pricing
Sofia, BulgariaFinance and Accounting
Join the best bank to work for in Bulgaria*
Who we are:
Do you want to join a well-established bank with a start-up culture? No, we’re not joking!
We, at tbi, have been one the most profitable banks for years and we are growing at a fast pace. We’re a bank with a long history of success that operates as a start-up and we’re always on the lookout for new opportunities to grow our business. How do we do that?
It's all about our people. Our team is made up of brave, passionate and caring people who don’t just want to follow the same path – we want to transform into mobile-first, state-of-the-art lifestyle ecosystem. Our colleagues love working here – 80% of them would recommend tbi as an employer to their friends and family. Our people are engaged in challenging and meaningful work, inspired to grow their potential and career, encouraged to learn and empowered to take decisions. That’s not corporate babble, it’s what our people say.
Do you want to play a key role in our unique success story?
If so, we're looking for a Senior Expert Tax and Transfer Pricing to join our team on our journey to success!
What You’ll do:
- Review and prepare the annual corporate tax return in compliance with relevant tax regulations and IFRS standards
- Develop the tax planning model, estimates future tax profits
- Prepare and update transfer pricing documentation
- Actively participate in preparation of benchmark studies for intercompany transactions
- Analyze intercompany transactions (incl. remuneration calculations) to ensure alignment between intercompany documentation, agreements, accounting documents, and tax treatments (e.g., VAT, withholding tax)
- Provide support, guidance, and consultation on transfer pricing policy and compliance to various teams within the Bank
- Contribute with a professional opinion of the tax implications regarding contracts and deals in which the Bank is a party
- Collaborate with other departments to identify the tax impact of various business activities
- Maintain clear, detailed and organized folders for all deals requiring specific and complex tax treatments
- Prepare WHT (Withholding Tax), VAT and TP Memos to address daily issues and corporate cases related to the tax implications of business changes, restructurings, and reorganizations
- Monitor changes in domestic tax laws and EU tax regulations
- Elaborate with all external stakeholders (consultants, auditors etc.)
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in corporate taxation, VAT, withholding taxes, or transfer pricing, with a preference for experience within a multinational context
- Proficiency in Excel, including advanced functions, formulas, and pivot tables
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, document flows, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in English (both in written and spoken)
- Strong work ethic, dedication, and a commitment to achieving outstanding results
What we offer:
- Seize the opportunity to grow your career
- Engage in exciting and meaningful work
- Get recognition for your work and attitude
- Become part of a large, friendly and supportive team
- Get additional private health insurance
- Receive special prices for multisport card and multiple retailers
- Obtain preferential prices for our banking products
- Enjoy a great location in Sofia’s city centre near NDK and South Park
Visit our Career Page to learn more about what makes us different.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please send us your CV in English.
We'd love to get back to everyone, but due to the number of applications we receive, we can only contact the shortlisted candidates.
*We are ranked the top bank and top 4 employer to work for in Bulgaria according to Kaderabotim.bg official 2023 employer rankings.
All applications are treated with utmost confidentiality.
By submitting your job application to tbi bank, you confirm that you have read the document named “Information related to personal data processing for job applicants” publicly available on tbi Career page.